Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Musings in Reverse

     A couple weeks ago, I had decided where I would be going in my never ending trip to Amusement Parks for the first half of the year; however, some more recent news has come to my attention that has definently caused a bit of a stir in my Enthusiast.  Six Flags Great America will be running their Batman coaster, an Invert made by Bolliger & Mabillard (or B&M for short), will be running its two trains backwards for a short period of time.
     Now, why is this a surprise?  Mainly due to the fact that B&M has made a solid reputation of being very calculated and precise, borderline cautious, when it comes to their designs.  They are often seen as a tame ride, although quite re-rideable; however, the Batman clones are one of their earlier designs, so these are very forceful for such a small, compact ride.  I have ridden a handful of these and come off very satisfied every time, so how will going in reverse change how I feel the forces exerted upon myself.  Will I, god forbid, finally find myself being nauseous while I clamber out of the station?  Going on many Boomerangs would tell me the answer might be a solid 'No', yet they are still a half forward ride.  I guess only time will tell for this thing.

     On another note, I believe I may have had a mental breakthrough on my horrendous eating habits.  I have been keeping myself to a very tight 'leash' when it comes to the food I will eat during the day.  I ha e been doing quite well, but caved and got some Mozzerella Cheese Sticks from Sheetz a few nights ago.  Now, when I ate just one of the, I was waiting for the inevitable "Oh sweet LORD how I have missed thee" reaction to tasting them.  What I got though, was a "It is food", and nothing more.  Now then, how does this involve a mental breakthrough?  Well, all the times I had dieted in the past, whenever I finally caved and ate something I haven't had in a while, it was like tasting the finest cuisine on earth made of the finest ingredients one could hope for...and that was just having a Double Cheeseburger from a random Fast Food joint.
     The reaction I recently had though, is one that I never expected to have.  Maybe there is hope for me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment